27-28th September, 2013 conference in Kaunas, Lithuania
The CEL/ELC would like to announce the "2nd International Scientific Conference on Sustainable Multilingualism: Research, Studies, Culture", which will be hosted by one of our member institutions, Vatautas Magnus University, in Kaunas, Lithuania on 27-28th September, 2013.
The aim of the conference is to assemble international researchers, experts, language teaching professionals, and other stakeholders to share research insights and discuss multilingualism viewed from perspectives of various fields: language policy, language didactics, learning and acquisition, foreign language teaching, linguistics, literature, culture, education science, history, philosophy, psychology, translation, business, and other fields and branches of sciences.
The conference discussions will proceed in four stages:
- PLENARY SESSIONS
- ROUND TABLE DISCUSSION
- ORAL, POSTER, AND VIRTUAL PRESENTATIONS
- LANGUAGE FORUMS
Conference topics (not limited to):
- Language Policy, especially implementing the EU Strategy "Europe 2020"
- Language Didactics in a multilingual environment
- Linguistics and multilingualism
- Cultural challenges
- Challenges for identity
- Literature and multilingualism
- Psychology and multilingualism
- Issues in translation in multilingual environments
- Multilingualism for business and in business
- Multilingualism and educational mobility
- Non-formal and informal development of plurilingual competence
- ICT in language education
- Content and Language Integrated Learning (CLIL)
- Languages for specific purposes