EPOSTL Conference Announcement
News from Oct 31, 2013
Date: 18 -19 February, 2014
Place: European Centre for Modern Languages (ECML), Nikolaiplatz 4, 8010 Graz, Austria
Organisers:The European Centre for Modern Languagesand the Austrian Association: European Centre for Modern Languages
Coordinator: David Newby (co-author of the EPOSTL)
Topics of Conference:
- Exchange of information about using the EPOSTL (pre-service, teaching practice, in-service teacher development)
- Presentation of EPOSTL-related publications
- Research on EPOSTL (articles, dissertations etc.)
- Feedback on the EPOSTL from students
- Innovative uses of the EPOSTL
- Extending the scope of the EPOSTL
In addition, the results of the ACTFL/ECML project ‘ACTOSTL’ will be presented. (If you wish to participate in this project, see http://www.actfl.org/professional-development/actfl-ecml-project .)
Participant profile: Language teacher educators, school mentors, representatives of school authorities and ministries, student teachers and teachers of languages.
Format of conference: The conference will consist of lectures, workshops, poster presentations and presented papers (see ‘call for papers’ below).Call for papers:
A limited number of presentations by conference participants will be held. Participants who wish to hold a presentation should note the following:
- topics should relate to innovative uses of EPOSTL, research into EPOSTL, etc.
- topics should be presented in 20 minutes with 10 minutes of discussion time
- submissions should not contain more than 300 words. Please include your name, institution, e-mail address, and a brief bio
- the conference language is English
All submissions should be sent to email@example.com by 30 November 2013.
·Conference registration and fee:
This conference is a one-off event and is not part of the ECML programme of projects. Registration is required directly to the ECML through the conference web site. Since the number of places is limited to 55 participants, early registration is strongly advised. The registration fee is €150.
Please visit the conference website for more information: