13th CercleS Conference: Language Centres in Higher Education: Exploring and Shaping Plurilingual Profiles and Practices
The Association of Swiss Language Centres in Higher Education (Fremdsprachenunterricht an Hochschulen in der Schweiz, IG-FHS / Enseignement des langues dans les Hautes Ecoles en Suisse, GI-ELHE, and the Language Centre of the University of Fribourgare honoured to host the 13th CercleS International Conference in Fribourg, Switzerland, on 4-6 September 2014.
The European Confederation of Language Centres in Higher Education (CercleS) has been promoting interaction and cooperation between different institutions involved in language teaching in Europe since 1991, bringing together Language Centres, Departments, Institutes, Faculties or Schools in Higher Education whose main responsibility is the teaching of languages.
The conference theme Language Centres in Higher Education: Exploring and Shaping Plurilingual Profiles and Practices reflects the important role of language centres in Higher education through seven sections:
- Teaching methodologies, learning and media
- Plurilingualism for academic and professional purposes
- Assessment and alternative forms of assessment
- Staff and quality development
- Policy and policy implementation
- MAGICC - Modularising Multilingual and Multicultural Academic Communication Competence
- Translation and terminology management
On the website you will find all the necessary information on the conference programme, venue, accommodation and registration.
Time & Location
Sep 04, 2014 - Sep 06, 2014
University of Fribourg, Switzerland